The hub is co-ordinated by The Kindling Trust, a Greater Manchester social enterprise using food to create social and environmental change.
A collection of organisations including Kindling are working together on the site to make it a hub for local food, with current activities including:
- Community Garden – Every Monday 10-16.00 (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Community events: open days and outdoors based events (bird watching, bat walk, foraging)
- Glebelands City Growers – A small market garden business which produces organic salad and veg for sale in Greater Manchester shops and cafes. It has two sites, one here at Woodbank, the other in Sale, Trafford.
- FarmStart – A training programme for amatuer growers who want to expand into commercial organic veg growing, run by ourselves at The Kindling Trust.
- Stockport Beekeepers – a training apiary for budding beekeepers
- More than Medicine groups