The hub is co-ordinated by The Kindling Trust, a Greater Manchester social enterprise using food to create social and environmental change.
A collection of organisations, including Kindling, are working together on the site to make it a hub for local food, with current activities including:
- Community Garden – Every Monday 10:00-16:00 (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Community events: open days and outdoors events (in the past we have bird watching sessions, bat walks, and wild food foraging forays)
- Grow Cook & Eat: Our Health and Wellbeing programme
- Glebelands City Growers – A small market garden business which produces organic salad and veg for sale in Greater Manchester shops and cafes. They grow on two sites, in some of the poly tunnels here at Woodbank, the other in Sale, Trafford.
- FarmStart – A training programme for new growers wanting to expand into commercial organic veg growing, run by ourselves at The Kindling Trust.
- Stockport Beekeepers – a training apiary for budding beekeepers